Achaleke Christian was nominated to speak on behalf of 1.8 Billion Young people across the world at the Launch of the Global Youth Development Index 2016.
Speaking on behalf of young people at the Launch of the Global youth Development Index along side with the SG of the Commonwealth Secretariat , I made the following observations:
- Young people have the will, energy, capacity and talents to make the world a better place , but we lack tangible and sustainable support.
- Countries with low youth development are currently hit with the challenge of violence , insecurity and violent extremist activities ( Thus investing in young people will influence the promotion of sustainable peace
- Governments must be held accountable for the promises they make towards youth empowerment
- Young people should use this index to blow a whistle for more investment in young people
- strengthening of measurable policies and an increase of government budget for youth empowerment .
Watch the Youtube Video at : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_gR37vcMYQ
The SDGs , UNSCR 2250 and this Youth Index is a full package to guide governments , CSOs and Development stakeholders in their engagement to ensure sustainable development and works peace